The tax advantages and portability of the 401(k) have provided many Americans with the opportunity to build a nest egg throughout their working lives. Often, it’s one of their largest retirement assets.
If you contribute to a 401(k), its flexibility gives you choices as you go through life. Make sure you know the rules, because 401(k) rollover mistakes can be costly!
This guide will cover:
- Strategies to avoid an IRS penalty and full taxation
- The little-known weapon you can use
- Why a direct rollover may be your most mistake-proof option
- How to ensure your account stays with you
- Why one move could be your last